March 23, 2009

[Fans' Prattle] Sammul's Spoken English

Yeah, I've had a couple of chances to hear him speak English in his series. In "Triumph in the Skies", he's a training pilot, and they were based in Adelaide (Australia) for a bit, so there were chances to hear him speak English to the Australians! There was a lot of discussion concerning the English skills of the actors on that show, because a lot of it was rather laughably bad! (and hence, quite unbelievable as pilots) One of the funniest posts I read though was someone who said "Is Sammul Chan's English skills so bad they had to dub him?", when in actual fact, it was Sammul's actual English that was so good the person thought it couldn't have been Sammul! I've also head him speak a little English on "On The First Beat" (EU prequel), as well as a documentary he hosted called "Ten Years". I think there's a youtube clip of his English speaking there, but I can't find it!

Funny thing is, after all that, I still can't really pick the accent! It probably leans more towards British though... hehehe...

I didn't know he spoke english in TITS...and it was so good that person didn't believe it was sammul himself speaking it...that was funny. I can't tell his accent either. Leans more towards British? Cos he studied in HK? But he sounds more american to me (but that only based on a few sentences).

Sammul also spoke a few English lines in "Maiden's Vow" in episode 20 something when he asked for a drink in the bar where Charmaine worked in the fourth generation story. I rewound the scenes for more than 10 times I think, coz I really love his speaking English, so captivating !

3 Responses to “[Fans' Prattle] Sammul's Spoken English”

sophiexoxo said...

Does anyone have a link of him speaking english???

way2 college said...

Good writing is something I can appreciate. You have made your points in a smart way. I am impressed with how interesting you have been able to present this content. Thanks for sharing a fabulous information.
Colleges in India

Leave a Reply