March 23, 2009

[Fans' Prattle] Sammul's Written English

Don't mean to diss him or anything but his grammar was moderately poor. LOL. What's up with him typing all ghetto and illiterately if his English is really that "perfect"? Hey, good pronounciation doesn't necessarily = good English, girls. Someone considered to have "perfect English" should be able to use proper grammar and spell in...well, English! *Don't whack me!* Just stating the facts. You know? Gillian Chung of Twins sounded accent free on her Children Songs CDs...but in reality...her English speech SUCKS! However, his English is way better compared to Ron's and other TVB actors.

I agree with you that although Sammul's English pronunciation is good enough for someone who didn't receive a Western exposure, his written English isn't that good. He wrote "to be continue" instead of to be continued when he posted The Four pics in his blog. I thought he was sleepy or what, forgot to type the "d", but he wrote "to be continue" again for the second time. I think he better take some writing English lessons with us, gorgeous ladies, by chatting with us here. What else could he ask for right ?

After reading Sammul's English blog entries,to be frank,I feel in the same way that his grammar isn't that good.maybe such ghetto typing is for speed,but i just get a bit frustrated when the whole paragraph is abbreviated.Don't mean to be picky or fussy but such typing just makes his grammatical mistakes more noticeable.I think Sammul's Enlgish is kinda half American/half British.he used words like "gonna, wanna" etc,which I think are pretty American coz as I know British people don't really use them,at least nor do my brititsh friends.He also spelt "program" as "programme",which I view a typical British word.
You're totally right.Could we just ask him to come over and hang out here with us.I mean, I definitely would like to be his English tutor, free of charge.

But yeah, Sammul's English writing is not very good, I was mainly just complimenting him for his accent in spoken English (Unlike Ron and his "MY FA-VAT"! hee.). And he should TOTALLY come here and chat with us to improve his written English! Yeah!! ^^ Okay, who's gonna be the brave one to suggest it on his blog... lolz...

Ooooo...my, did you just say Sammul's grammar is poor? Because the poorer the better, so we have a stronger reason for him to come and practice his written English here

I know what you guys are up to...keep emphasizing Sammul needs tution on his grammar... because we've got FREE tuition here! Yea, I think he has poor grammar, but poor grammar aside, actually I think he expresses himself quite well in English. And I think he uses ghetto english to sound friendly and informal. But still, come here for free tuition lah ....hehehehe!
Actually I don't think Sammul's written english is that bad, he just made a few grammatical errors. At least he wrote with fluency and good expressions.

No response to “[Fans' Prattle] Sammul's Written English”

Leave a Reply